Seven Kings - Clubs, Groups and Societies in the Area
This a directory of clubs and associations in the Seven Kings area.
We list any local groups that would be of interest to the Seven Kings community. For example, if you know of an art club, running club, Scout troop or Seven Kings local history society, please submit it to our directory.
Note: if your club/group is based somewhere other than Seven Kings, please add it on the page for the relevant place.
Based in Chadwell Heath High Road,the purpose built centre offers tuition for pupils from the age of 5 upwards. Each pupil is given a free assessment and then an individual lesson plan is drawn up for them. They work through this each week with the help of a qualified teacher. Lessons are available during the weekends and in the week. The centre also supports out of school/excluded pupils or those who are school phobics or home educated. Success rates are good and the atmosphere is a positive one in a setting which is friedly yet professional at the same time.
Scouting is the largest co-educational Youth Movement in the UK, with over 500,000 members and is growing faster than ever. Here at 1st Hainault Scout Group, we currently have over 120 members enjoying adventurous activities almost every day of the week.
• Bespoke art and craft classes for parents and children (pre school, afterschool, holidays, adults and private tuition)
• Run by a qualified experienced professional artist and arts practitioner (art therapist within NHS, schools and private tuition)
• Each week take home a beautiful contemporary bespoke art work created by your little artist.
• Fun and friendly, free flow demonstration led classes.
• Learn new art skills and develop old ones based on traditional and contemporary artists and mediums.
• Helps develop parent and child bonding, socialising and play.
• Improve your “Little Artists” attention, colour perception, spatial awareness and motor coordination
• Meet other parents and “Little Artists” in a relaxed fun environment
Tea and homemade cake supplied
• When : Mondays 1.15pm to 2.45pm
• Where: Christ Church Hall
For more information or to book a place please call or email
Indy Rosekilly on 07956 679367 or firstname.lastname@example.org
See Indy’s work on www.artflock.com
Other services: Include after school art classes, art parties children and adults, freelance art teacher, private tuitions, commissioned artist (paints, prints, drawing, glass (kilnformed and stained glass)
Classics Book Club London East
Will meet in George Lane, South Woodford, E18
For more info - click on website address below which has my e-mail too.
For ages: 8 to 50+
Beginners, improvers, advanced, elite
London SE2 9TU
A club for men aged between 18 and 45. We meet twice a month for social activities of all kinds. You don't need to be a wealthy businessman or anything like that and you can attend as a guest for free.
We meet on the first and third Wednesday of each month at various locations.
Suitable for beginners, intermediate and advanced players.
Cost £3 per 2 hour session – no membership fee.
Wednesdays and Fridays 4-6pm
Glyndon Community Centre, 75 Raglan Road, Plumstead SE18 7LB
Greenwich Borough Badminton Club
Club nights (three courts) are on Friday 8pm to 10pm and matches take place Wednesday and Thursday 7pm to 10pm.
Plumstead Leisure Centre
For ages: 17 to 50+
Old Mill Road
London SE18 1QJ
KARATE GIVES YOU CONFIDENCE, A FOCUSED & POSTIVE MIND, A STRONG & FLEXIABLE BODY, SELF PROTECTION HEALTH & FITNESS, SPORTS & COMPETITION
FULLY INSURED INSTRUCTOR, SENSEI MARK INTERNATIONALLY
RECOCOGNISED 3RD DAN BLACK BELT AND CRB POLICE CHECKED
TRAINING FEES: £4 5-12 1 HOUR, £4.50 13-17 HOUR & HALF,
ADULTS £5 HOUR & HALF
GLYNDON COMMUNITY CENTRE, 75, RAGLAN ROAD,
PLUMSTEAD, SE18 1QE
7pm-8pm 5-12 years old
8.15-10pm Special Knockdown Class all ages (members only)
ST MARK’S CHURCH HALL, OLD MILL ROAD,
PLUMSTEAD, SE18 7LB
6pm-7pm 5-12 years old,
7.15pm-9pm 13+ and Adults
5.15pm-6.15pm all ages
HORN PARK COMMUNITY CENTRE, 96 SIBTHORPE ROAD, LEE SE12 9DP
4.30pm-5.30pm 5-12years old,
5.30pm-7pm 13+ and Adults
5.30pm-6.30pm 5-12 Years old
6.30pm-8pm13+ and Adults
STEPZ School of Dance
STEPZ School of Dance is providing new dance classes that are centred on the teaching of ‘Streetdance’ to children of all levels aged 4 and above. We believe that everyone should be given the chance to work together to achieve; ‘Anyone can make it if you know how to shake it!’
This is why STEPZ School of Dance is not only an opportunity to learn something new but is also a place to meet new people and make new friends.
First class begins Friday 15th January 2010 from 4.30-5.00. First lesson free! £3.00 per class thereafter. Classes are held in Plumstead, Greenwich.
Teachers are CRB Checked and First Aid Trained.
Feel free to contact us for further information at: email@example.com
Sports for the community
Sports for the community as been set up getting everyone in to sports, that playing, coach, or manager, or being part of the committee, people would l like to get in to sports but can’t afford it so we are setting up a multi sports programme where we do four sports each week , so each hour we do a sports, we also going to do it cheap so people can afford coming each week, and be part of a team , play for a team league, tournament, and events .
So we are looking to set up all age groups for 4 year olds to sixty year olds.
Project two DANCE FOR FUTURE” A DANCE PROJECT FOR ALL AGES
• Do you like to become a great dancer?
• Are you or you like to become a confident of
• Become a dancer with the following steps, and be part of a dance team where you go all round boroughs, and be part events, and show your talent,
• Hip-Hop, Popping, Contemporary or Jazz? And much more. we are looking for twenty people to be part of the talent dance events all year round,
• Also our program includes classes of Tango Argentine for couples, Contemporary, Broadway, Burlesque a range of dance styles going to make you fill young and strong.
• More details to
• Weekly programme:
• Wednesday and Thursday 3:30pm-6:30pm
• Our address
• we are looking for all age groups, ability, anyone,
• Join today just £5 a week and get teach by a top dance teacher who got 25 year of experience
Diverse Movement would be an event for people, from all different back grounds to showcase their talent. My vision is to have a wide range of talented people in one venue to bring them together, so they can network with each other. This could hopefully fuse and create a new diverse generation of performers. The age rating for this showcase would before all age group (For performers and the audience).
People who can get involved with the showcase:Performers:- Musicians Dancers Actors Magicians
Others:- Directors Fashion Designers Investors Athletes Artists
Musicians, Actors, Dancers & Magicians
To get onto the showcase each act would have to audition. This would be a small audition process that a panel within the industry judge. Out of the audition process 10 acts will be chosen to perform. The outcome to this would be a possible recognition by someone within the industry and to have fun and to network with others who have a similar outcome in life. The reason for all the different acts is to show that this is not a typical showcase. It’s to show that there is a wide range of talent within all genres.
Inventors, Athletes, Artist, Fashion Designers
These will be set up at the main entrance of the venue and will all have a stand where they can promote their products and offer opportunities. People coming to the show could be into athletics, fashion ETC so therefore could be offered an opportunity such as audition dates for a sports club. This is also a way to network with others
Free 2 hour workshops to boost your CONFIDENCE - for women in Walthamstow http://tinyurl.com/ot886cd
Downey Academy of Irish Dance is run by Rachel Downey T.C.R.G. World medallist and star of Riverdance.
Classes are held at Walthamstow Conservative Club,
From age 4+ beginner to championship standard.
Contact Rachel on 07536064831
For ages: 15 to 50+
Beginners and advanced
Waterfront Leisure Centre
Phoenix Martial Arts
For ages: 5 to 50+
Beginners, improvers, advanced, elite
Glyndon Community Centre
Belvedere Royals Football Club
Men only – beginners, improvers, advanced.
44 Spindle Close
London SE18 5QU
Greenwich Hockey Club
For ages: 15 to 50+
Men only – beginners, improvers, advanced.
Training on Saturdays after home games.
99 Bastion Road
London SE2 0RH
Open to women of ages 18 to 50-plus
Beginners, improvers, advanced, elite.
John Biggs London Assembly Member, Tommy Walsh, Cyrus Todiwala MBE (Cafe Spice Namaste)
A BRAND NEW COMMUNITY FOOD-GROWING PROJECT IN VICTORIA PARK
Update: For October 2009 - February 2010
LONDON BOROUGH OF TOWER HAMLETS HAVE SAID YES TO DIGFOOD AS PREFERRED PROJECT PARTNER
WE ARE ON OUR WAY. WE WOULD LOVE YOU TO GET DUG IN AND HELP PUT 'YOUR' PARK PROJECT ON THE MAP!
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Tony on 07984 127788
DigFood@VictoriaPark is a new local community group. We are aiming to develop a vibrant education-based food-growing project, open to all. We aim to provide an opportunity for all in our community to learn more about the many benefits of growing and using fresh and local food.
How you can work with DigFood now!
A CALL FOR VOLUNTEER INPUT…..........can you spare a couple of hours a week? Less? - More?!! We know your time is precious, but together we can put our time to great use and get DigFood diggin.
We would be very happy to hear from anyone interested in working with us in the following areas:
- FUNDRAISING EVENTS ORGANISER & ASSISTANT(s) This is a great opportunity to help get our community together and raise funds in a variety of ways…….We would love one person to step forward to be our events organiser.
We are also sure that many of you among the 500 or so on our mailing list will have great ideas and local contacts to help kick-start an event......Please get in touch with those ideas!
Perhaps you are involved in a local band/club/venue/sports activity/whatever and would like to help? Perhaps you can suggest suitable venues? We hope to work-up a number of fundraising events over the spring/summer, so lets hear from you soon.
- BUSINESS PLAN DEVELOPMENT…….Back in 2008, when we first launched our plans, LBTH felt it was not possible to include our community project in their Heritage Lottery Bid for the redevelopment of Victoria Park. Therefore, we sought appropriate food project funding avenues ourselves. We were thrilled to have our intial stage 1 funding application for 300,000 pounds approved in January 2009. It was not possible to progress our Stage 2 application until LBTH had confirmed us as the preferred partner for our project. With that status proudly in place, we have regrouped and continued to work on the necessary steps to make our 2nd stage funding application succeed. We are about ready to put our plans together and we would welcome input over the next 8-10 weeks (to April 2010) from 1 or 2 people who have business plan development skills and can dedicate a few days work to this key DigFood deliverable. Call or mail us now!
- WEBSITE DESIGN………… We aim to be a registered Charity very soon and really do need a website! It would be great to hear from someone who could work with us and design an exciting DigFood@VictoriaPark website…..could that be you? Go on, get in touch and give us your much-needed skill and creative input!
- PUBLIC RELATIONS……... assisting our Steering Group in liaison with the wider community food-Growing community (locally and nationally), run our press-release strategy , organise local events and expand our key-contact list.
- PUBLICITY MATERIAL, DESIGN AND PRODUCTION
Helping us with poster and flyer design and production. To-date we have relied on basic publicity material and flyer-design. We would love to hear from someone with creative flair who can help design and produce great DigFood flyers and promotional information.
Perhaps you have the 'technology' to help us produce a series of information-boards for our DigFood promtional stall, so we can look our best at local fairs etc over the coming months...We hope to hear from you!!
- 2012 OLYMPIC LIASON……..developing contacts in relation to community involvement in the 2012 Olympiad......We want DigFood@VictoriaPark on the map and feeding athletes and visitors in 2012!...we need somebody now to help us tap into the 2012 global party....come forward and take on a great job........the 1st objective will be to come up with ideas and find us a 2012 Olympic Patron.
PLUS!!............A JOB FOR EVERYONE! - Think of local friends and contacts that may not yet be aware of our project and pass this update on to them:
People you know who want to grow food.
Those keen to get involved in what promises to be a great local community hub.
Those who want to teach children about where food comes from; how eating local seasonal food helps the environment and how eating fresh food is a healthy way forward for us all.
People you know who may ultimately be interested in a job at DigFood. We budget in our plans for 4 full-time and 4 part-time posts.
Tony Hart, DigFood@VictoriaPark Steering Group
Contact: email - Digfood1@aol.com tel - 07984 127788
Places Near Seven Kings
Aldborough Hatch • Aldersbrook • Barking • Barkingside • Beacontree Heath • Becontree • Castle Green • Chadwell Heath • Clayhall • Collier Row • Cranbrook • Fair Cross • Fairlop • Fullwell Cross • Gants Hill • Goodmayes • Hainault • Ilford • Little Heath • Little Ilford • Loxford • Manor Park • Marks Gate • Newbury Park • Redbridge • Rippleside • Seven Kings • Upney • Valentine's Park • Wallend •